These holidays, create the ultimate, personalised DIY Christmas ornament with only a jar, some glitter and your imagination.
Make your very own Holiday Island, just like in Kindergo, with this simple activity that will give your usual Christmas decorations a shake up!
You will need:
- A jar
- Pure glycerin
- Waterproof craft glue or epoxy
- Small, waterproof toys or figurines to put inside your globe
1. Glue the figurine of your choice to the lid of the jar.
2. While the lid is drying, pour 4-6 tablespoons of glitter, depending on the size of your jar, into the jar. Once you’ve done this, take a glass of water (with enough water to fill the jar) and mix in 3-5 drops of glycerin.
3. Pour the water into the jar until it is almost full, make sure to take into account the water displacement of your figurine.
4. Once the glue has dried on your figurine, apply glue around the inner-rim and threads of the lid.
5. Close the jar, sealing it watertight, add some decorative flourishes, and enjoy your very own Holiday Island snow globe!
To experience the real Holiday Island, download Kindergo HERE on the App Store today!